Would I sound whiny if I said I’ve been feeling a little unloved at the moment? Hope not. Don’t even want to go into all the reasons why but I’ve even considered pressing ctrl – alt – delete and disappearing into cyber space.
Celeste, an extremely funny, very talented writer and recent winner of the Kidzworld Mommy Bloggers Competition, decided to spread the love and a little got tinkled on me…
So here goes, SEVEN random things you didn’t know about me. Might struggle a little as there’s not much I don’t tell everyone but we’ll give it a bash, shall we?
1. I am a CORPOROPHOBE. I am petrified of strange toilets. and even ones I have met before. I cannot, will not never ever make a number two in a toilet that’s not mine. Think of me as a Never-Poo.
2. I am going grey. I’m okay with ageing but as if that’s not enough the grey hairs sprouting out of my head look like pubes and I’m NOT okay with that.
3. I have incredibly long fingers, feet and odd shaped toes. Abnormally so. My husband, who thinks the sun shines out of my butt (most times) screeches in terror if my toes get anywhere near him. He tells me they look like weird sea anemone things.
4. My singing is not even accepted in a shower near you. In primary school my best friend in the whole wide world had the voice of an angel. She would sing and the birds would literally stop. ‘It’s like a choir of angels singing’ I remember my mom saying once. ‘You, on the other hand Melinda, sound like a demon being exorcised from a body!’. Once a year we would have to audition for the choir, My friend didn’t need to. She got in every time. And neither did I. I was turned down every time.
5.I’m a little bit bi-polar. Okay a lot. My highs are high and I think I can take on the world, write a book, run a nursery school and a business. My lows are sooooooooooooooo low, where rolling over in bed is an effort.
6. I smoke. A lot. I started smoking at the age of 30. 30! It was an attempt to piss off my ex. It worked. Ten years on he’s remarried with two children and I’m killing myself slowly, one puff at a time.
7.I’m a people pleaser. Always have been. Always will be. If that’s okay with you?
So now I have to nominate 5-10 other bloggers. I am passing this award on to bloggers who have made a difference in my life, who have taught me what bravery and courage truly means and who make me keep coming back for more…
SpiritedMama1 – you truly live up to your name
Acidice – a woman who has no idea of just how strong she is
Jou Ma Se Blerrie Blog – probably up to her eyeballs in adoration and accolades, I am one of her biggest fans
MomAgain@40 – powerwoman extraordinaire!
Mommaliciousmom – beauty and brains…what more can I say
There are loads of other bloggers I’d love to pass this award onto, but either they’ve already received it (or it’s on its way) but to Miss Preggy who sent this award my way, I am in awe of what you achieve as a single working mom to a little boy. You truly are an inspiration x